Answers to common questions about the Coloplast penile prosthesis from a qualified ED surgeon
Men tend to avoid conversations about erectile dysfunction, and they certainly don’t talk about penile implants. However, ED is a very common disorder that affects millions of men in the U.S. each year.
Don’t let cultural stigma get in the way of your sexual health. Take control of your ED by consulting a surgeon about treatment options including penile implants.
Usually, when you think of treatment options for ED you think of Viagra and other pills that remedy male impotence. These may be perfect solutions for your ED depending on the causes; however, a penile implant is another viable option.
One such treatment to consider is the Coloplast Titan. This device is an inflatable penile implant that offers users control and comfort. Some of the benefits of using a Coloplast Titan implant to manage erectile dysfunction are:
- Quick recovery time
- Natural feel
- Long-term reliability
With the Coloplast Titan, individuals are expected to recover in 4-6 weeks. After that, and under the guidance of your physician, you can be cleared for sexual activity.
With an inflatable penile prosthesis, users are able to operate the device as discreetly as desired. The implant is not noticeable outside the body and, when not inflated, the penis will appear flaccid. This allows for a more natural look and feel.
The Coloplast Titan implant also has a high-rate of mechanical reliability. It’s expected to work for over 5 years without any issues.
5 Common Questions About the Coloplast Titan Penile Enhancement Implant
1. Is a penile enlargement implant covered by my insurance?
Most insurance carriers cover penile implants, including Medicaid. You should discuss coverage options with your doctor or surgeon and your insurance company to make sure a penile implant is a good option for you financially.
2. Are there risks associated with penile enhancement surgery?
There are always risks when it comes to surgery; however, risks from a penile implant surgery are minimal. In few cases, some patients may experience infection, mechanical error, pain, or negative reaction to anesthesia.
3. Will I be able to orgasm with a penile implant?
If you were able to orgasm before a penile implant surgery, then you should be able to orgasm afterwards. Discuss this concern with your surgeon to understand the potential outcome of the procedure.
4. Will I lose length due to the penile enlargement implant surgery?
The Coloplast Titan is a custom fit penile prosthesis that can be suited to any body type. Losing length should not be an issue, however, it is recommended to speak with your surgeon about your concerns.
5. Can I still have spontaneous erections after a penile implant surgery?
No. Because the surgery replaces the corpora of the penis with the implant, the penis can no longer sustain an erection on its own. If you’re still able to have an erection spontaneously and can maintain that erection throughout intercourse, then a penile implant may not be for you. There are many ED treatments out there. Find out what treatments will be best for you by talking with your doctor.
Meet Dr. Alarcon: A Nationally Recognized Coloplast Implant Surgeon
When considering penile implant surgery, it is important to discuss all your options with an erectile dysfunction doctor who has proven knowledge, skills and experience. Dr. J. Antonio Alarcon, founder of the Alarcon Urology Center, is a nationally recognized surgeon who specializes in Coloplast penile implant surgery.
The Alarcon Urology Center is designated as a Center of Excellence by Coloplast. “To receive this honor, the facility must be staffed with the top urology physicians in the country based on criteria such as number of procedures performed, contributions to research in the field of erectile dysfunction, and leadership in professional associations for urologic physicians,” says the company.
Alarcon Urology is committed to helping men manage their erectile dysfunction. To learn more about how you can overcome ED and maintain your sexual health, contact Dr. Alarcon today to schedule an appointment and receive the best possible care.
For more information, visit our Erectile Dysfunction Guide.
Erectile Dysfunction – Further Reading
- Questions & Answers about Erectile Dysfunction
- Medications & Devices in ED Treatments
- Treating Erectile Dysfunction with Penile Implant (Penile Prosthesis)
- Causes and Treatment for Male Impotence
- Coloplast Titan Penile Implant Surgery
- A Four-Minute Video Can Save Your (Sex) Life
- Erectile Dysfunction Overview
- Profile: A Man Who Chose A Penile Implant
- Overcoming Erectile Dysfunction Surgically
- Exercise and Men Sexual Health
Related ED Articles from Our Blog
- What is Porn-Induced Erectile Dysfunction & Can it Really Cause ED? - You may have heard the rumor that watching too much porn can cause erectile dysfunction. This rumor was started when a study published in 2011 ...
- Fighting ED with Zen:
How Yoga Can Help Fight Erectile Dysfunction & Improve Male Sexual Performance - Having trouble in the bedroom? Stress can add to your trouble in the bedroom, creating a vicious cycle. While stress is psychological, it plays an ...
- Frequently Asked Questions About Penile Implants - Although penile implants have been around since the early 1970s, they’re not talked about very often by men. Before Viagra came on the market, penile ...