Dr. Alarcon attended medical school at Autonomous University of Guadalajara in Mexico and completed his residency training in Urology at Mount Sinai Hospital Medical Center of Chicago, Illinois, Louis Weiss Memorial Hospital, and Children’s Memorial Hospital of Chicago, Illinois.
Dr. Alarcon is a former member of the Board of Governors at Monterey Park Hospital and the Cancer Liaison Physician for the Commission of Cancer at Monterey Park Hospital. From there, served as Chief of Staff (1996-1998) and earlier as Chief of Surgery (1993-1995) at Monterey Park Hospital.
He completed a fellowship in urinary tract reconstruction, urodynamics, urinary incontinence and female urology at the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA). He has also completed extensive training in area of penile implants.
Dr. Alarcon is board-certified by the American Board of Urology and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He has been in clinical practice at the Alarcon Urology Center since 1987 where he has treated thousands of patients with urologic disorders. And as an International Penile Implant Trainer, he has trained over 150 urologists throughout the world.
Licensure and Certification
- 2009 — Recertification American Board of Urology.
- 1999 — Recertification American Board of Urology.
- 1993 — Fellow of The American College of Surgeons.
- 1990 — American Board of Urology.
- 1983 — California State License.
- 1982 — Illinois State License.
- 1981 — FLEX Federal License Exam.
- 1981 — ECFMG Certificate.
Bibliography and Publications
- Urodynamics Testing and Bladder Control in Spinal Cord Injuries.
- Neurological and Orthopedic Journal of Medicine and Surgery. Vol 5, Issue 1, Abril 1984
- Urodynamic Use of Fiberoptic Micro tipped Catheter.
Journal of Urology, 137, 1987
- Diagnosis of Urethral Diverticuli Difficult Diagnosis in Urology.
Edited by D.L. McCullough. New York: Churchill Livingstone, Inc., 1987
- Vaginal Surgery for Incontinence. Mediguide to Urology
- Surgical Treatment of Incontinent Female Patient with Myelomenigocele.
- The McGuire/Raz Approach. The Journal of Urology, 139, 1988
Non-Professional Community Activities
- American Foundation for Urologic Disease, Inc.
- East Los Angeles College Foundation
- News for America
- UCLA Alumni Association
- American College of International Physicians (Former Member)
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American Association of clinical Urologists (Former Member)
- American Urological Association
- A.U.A. – Western Section
- California Hispanic Medical Association
- California Medical Association
- California Urological Association
- Chicago Urological Association (Former Member)
- Chicano/Latino Medical Association of CA (Former Member)
- Illinois State Medical Association (Former Member)
- lntramerican College of Physicians and Surgeons (Former Member)
- Los Angeles Medical County Association
- Los Angeles Urological Society
- Orange County Medical Association (Former Member)
- Orange County Urological Society (Former Member)
- Sexual Medicine Society of North America
- Society for Urodynamics and Female Urology
- Union of American Physicians and urologys