Meet Dr. J. Antonio Alarcon
Top-Rated Urologist Located in Los Angeles County, California & founder of the Alarcon Urology Center
Dr. Alarcon attended medical school at Autonomous University of Guadalajara in Mexico and completed his urology residency training in Chicago, Illinois at Mount Sinai Hospital Medical Center, Louis Weiss Memorial Hospital and Children’s Memorial Hospital. Dr. Alarcon is a former member of the Board of Governors at Monterey Park Hospital and the Cancer Liaison Physician for the Commission of Cancer at Monterey Park Hospital, where he previously served as Chief of Staff (1996-1998) and Chief of Surgery (1993-1995).
He completed a fellowship in urinary tract reconstruction, urodynamics, urinary incontinence and female urology at the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA). He has also completed extensive training in area of penile implants.
Dr. Alarcon is board-certified by the American Board of Urology and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He has been in clinical practice at the Alarcon Urology Center since 1987, treating thousands of patients with urologic disorders. As an International Penile Implant Trainer, he has trained over 150 urologists worldwide.
You can meet with Dr. Alarcon or one of his knowledgeable staff in person by visiting the Alarcon Urology Center, located just eight miles east of downtown Los Angeles in Montebello, California. We are proud to serve patients from Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, Ventura and Orange Counties – as well as individuals throughout the state of California and nationwide.
Patients Agree Dr. Alarcon is The Best Urologist in the US
Dr Antonio Alarcon..es muy buen medico , un excelente urologo...dedicado a sus pacientes. Mi primera operacion de rinon fue el quien la hizo le doy las gracias con todo carino por sus atenciones y cuidados y aunque esa cirugia fue en 1988-1989 siempre le recuerdo con mucho respeto y carino...gracias y bendiciones...
More on Dr. Alarcon
- 2009 — Recertification American Board of Urology.
- 1999 — Recertification American Board of Urology.
- 1993 — Fellow of The American College of Surgeons.
- 1990 — American Board of Urology.
- 1983 — California State License.
- 1982 — Illinois State License.
- 1981 — FLEX Federal License Exam.
- 1981 — ECFMG Certificate.
- Urodynamics Testing and Bladder Control in Spinal Cord Injuries. Neurological and Orthopedic Journal of Medicine and Surgery. Vol 5, Issue 1, April 1984
- Urodynamic Use of Fiberoptic Micro tipped Catheter. Journal of Urology, 137, 1987
- Diagnosis of Urethral Diverticuli Difficult Diagnosis in Urology (Edited by D.L. McCullough). New York: Churchill Livingstone, Inc., 1987
- Vaginal Surgery for Incontinence. Mediguide to Urology
- Surgical Treatment of Incontinent Female Patient with Myelomenigocele
- Fascial Sling to Correct Male Neurogenic Sphincter Incompetence: The Mcguire/Raz Approach. The Journal of Urology, 139, 1988
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American Urological Association (A.U.A. – Western Section)
- California Medical Association
- California Urological Association
- Los Angeles Medical County Association
- Los Angeles Urological Society
- Sexual Medicine Society of North America
- Society for Urodynamics and Female Urology
- Union of American Physicians and Dentists
- California Hispanic Medical Association
- American College of International Physicians (Former Member)
- American Association of clinical Urologists (Former Member)
- Chicago Urological Association (Former Member)
- Chicano/Latino Medical Association of CA (Former Member)
- Illinois State Medical Association (Former Member)
- lntermerican College of Physicians and Surgeons (Former Member)
- Orange County Medical Association (Former Member)
- Orange County Urological Society (Former Member)