Most guys don’t want to talk about it, but it affects almost half of all men. Erectile dysfunction, or ED, affects 52% of men between the ages of 40 and 70, according to The Massachusetts Male Aging Study.
Although “the little blue” pill works for a lot of men, it doesn’t work for everyone. Luckily, there are other options to treat ED.
Penile implants are one of many alternatives to ED medication. A penile implant is a device that’s inserted into the body to allow men who suffer from ED to have an erection.
Benefits of Penile Implants
Here are some of the benefits to having a penile implant:
- Satisfaction: In a recent study, more men were satisfied or moderately satisfied with a penile implant vs. Viagra. Men who had a penile implant were satisfied 94% of the time vs. 52% of of the time for men who took Viagra for ED.
- Natural Feel: With a penile implant you maintain sensitivity and the ability to ejaculate. An inflatable penile implant will look natural and is not noticeable when flaccid.
- Quick Recovery: Typical recovery time after penile implant surgery is only 4-6 weeks. After your doctor gives you the OK, you’re free to resume sexual activity.
- Covered By Insurance: Insurance, including Medicare, typically covers penile implants for erectile dysfunction, but you should confirm this with your insurance carrier.
- Reliability: A penile implant should last you at least 5 years without any problems.
For more information on how you can benefit from penile implants, check out: Introducing the Coloplast: A Minimally-Invasive Penile Implant for Male Enhancement & Enlargement.
Dr. J. Antonio Alarcon is a leading surgeon in penile implants. Contact Alarcon Urology Center to schedule an appointment.