Dr. Alarcon attended medical school at Autonomous University of Guadalajara in Mexico and completed his urology residency training in Chicago, Illinois at Mount Sinai Hospital Medical Center, Louis Weiss Memorial Hospital and Children’s Memorial Hospital. Dr. Alarcon is a former member of the Board of Governors at Monterey Park Hospital and the Cancer Liaison Physician for the Commission of Cancer at Monterey Park Hospital, where he previously served as Chief of Staff (1996-1998) and Chief of Surgery (1993-1995).
He completed a fellowship in urinary tract reconstruction, urodynamics, urinary incontinence and female urology at the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA). He has also completed extensive training in area of penile implants.
Dr. Alarcon is board-certified by the American Board of Urology and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He has been in clinical practice at the Alarcon Urology Center since 1987, treating thousands of patients with urologic disorders. As an International Penile Implant Trainer, he has trained over 150 urologists worldwide.
You can meet with Dr. Alarcon or one of his knowledgeable staff in person by visiting the Alarcon Urology Center, located just eight miles east of downtown Los Angeles in Montebello, California. We are proud to serve patients from Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, Ventura and Orange Counties – as well as individuals throughout the state of California and nationwide.
Patients Agree Dr. Alarcon is The Best Urologist in the US
“I have BPH, benign Prostatic Hypertrophy. Dr. Alarcon has treated me for 10 years with optimal results. He treated me with minimally invasive, cutting edge technology twice, decreasing my symptoms to minimal nocturia, after being almost blocked of voiding. All as outpatient in his excellent clinic, with utmost care and compassion. And he made sure first that I had no invasive cancer. Minimal or no pain. Long term care excellent results allowing me to have a normal life. Thank you Dr. Alarcon, God bless you.”
“I went to 3 urgent cares before I was referred here. Although the wait was long, it was worth it to receive quality care. (I got the appointment the same day and was worked in.)
I came in crying and left with prescriptions and a shot which has already helped. They really do care. Thank you Dr. Alarcon!”
Primary Urological Care Services
Men’s Sexual Health
Kidney & Urinary Health
Licensure and Certification
- 2009 — Recertification American Board of Urology.
- 1999 — Recertification American Board of Urology.
- 1993 — Fellow of The American College of Surgeons.
- 1990 — American Board of Urology.
- 1983 — California State License.
- 1982 — Illinois State License.
- 1981 — FLEX Federal License Exam.
- 1981 — ECFMG Certificate.
Bibliography and Publications
- Urodynamics Testing and Bladder Control in Spinal Cord Injuries. Neurological and Orthopedic Journal of Medicine and Surgery. Vol 5, Issue 1, April 1984
- Urodynamic Use of Fiberoptic Micro tipped Catheter. Journal of Urology, 137, 1987
- Diagnosis of Urethral Diverticuli Difficult Diagnosis in Urology (Edited by D.L. McCullough). New York: Churchill Livingstone, Inc., 1987
- Vaginal Surgery for Incontinence. Mediguide to Urology
- Surgical Treatment of Incontinent Female Patient with Myelomenigocele
- Fascial Sling to Correct Male Neurogenic Sphincter Incompetence: The Mcguire/Raz Approach. The Journal of Urology, 139, 1988
Non-Professional Community Activities
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American Urological Association (A.U.A. – Western Section)
- California Medical Association
- California Urological Association
- Los Angeles Medical County Association
- Los Angeles Urological Society
- Sexual Medicine Society of North America
- Society for Urodynamics and Female Urology
- Union of American Physicians and Dentists
- California Hispanic Medical Association
- American College of International Physicians (Former Member)
- American Association of clinical Urologists (Former Member)
- Chicago Urological Association (Former Member)
- Chicano/Latino Medical Association of CA (Former Member)
- Illinois State Medical Association (Former Member)
- lntermerican College of Physicians and Surgeons (Former Member)
- Orange County Medical Association (Former Member)
- Orange County Urological Society (Former Member)